The truth about muscles 💪
1. Muscle cells contain protein filaments of actin and myosin that slide past one another, producing a contraction that changes both the length and the shape of the cell. Muscles function to produce force and motion.
2. There are 2 types: slow twitch and fast twitch. Slow twitch fibers are used for long endurance and cardio based training. Fast twitch are used for strength. It’s geared for resistance based training.
3. Muscle tissue is 15% denser than fat tissue. Hence, the myth “muscles 💪 is heavier than fat”.
4. Muscles does not turn to fat and fat does not turn muscles. They are completely different tissues.
5. Muscles are inefficient at storing energy. It’s an energy burner. It’s a natural “fat burner”